” overmolding ” is actually a kind of secondary injection molding, products generally include main body (hard plastic) parts and outsourcing (soft glue).In the china mold manufacturer company, manufacturing hard plastic main body first. The hard plastic mold design program is designed according to the normal subject. Outsourcing (soft glue) mold design to hard plastic products as a reference. Need not put shrink again, after mold parts, with hard plastic on the main body. The front mould has a plastic bag shape that is different, in Mr. Production’s output hard plastic main body. And then put the hard plastic main body in the outside mould. Into the soft plastic injection molding production.
” overmolding ” characteristics
1) Calculate shrink when the main hard plastic parts Die design.
2) “Overmolding ” usually has two independent sets of mold.
3) Soft package mold after the mold parts with hard plastic one to the main body. To avoid a small amount of space. Hard rubber for rubber and plastic parts to use the subject to become a phantom.
Note TPU material, the characteristics of itself are relatively easy to stick mold. Product if you can do the sand as far as possible. So easy to release! The liquidity of TPU is slow, the cooling cycle will be longer. As long as pay attention to some in the production process. Also won’t have much of a problem!
- Overmolding not only makes the device surface full of softness. But also can increase product functionality and added value.
- Overmolding technology has revolutionized consumer aesthetic standards, design ideas. And functional requirements over the past decade.
- Medical device manufacturers also recognize the potential benefits of this technology. And continue to expand their use in the medical field.
- Overmolding technology is known for creating “soft surfaces”
- It also has many other features such as ergonomic design, two-tone appearance, branding, and features improvements. With this technology, you can increase the functionality of the product (eg noise reduction, shock absorption, water resistance, collision avoidance) and added value.